Connecting to Instagram: When connecting to Instagram you have two options: Images Available and Scheduled Posting. You can turn on both abilities or choose just one.
- Click Connect and log into your Instagram account. You will be asked to give SnapRetail permissions, click "Authorize".
- Click Update to see Instagram options again. Click connect under "Scheduled Posting". Enter your Username and Password for Instagram.
- See below for information for using a Two-Factor Authentication Code if you have this security setting for your Instagram turned on or if you receive an Error message.
On your account page, you will see your connected account and the connected abilities listed underneath.
Using a Two-Factor Authentication Recovery Code
If you are having trouble connecting to Instagram with just your username and password, you should turn on Two-Factor Authentication in your Instagram account settings and use a Recovery Code to connect.
- First, in your Instagram account go to Settings > Privacy and Security > Two-Factor Authentication
- Turn on one of the two security methods: Text Message Code or Authentication App.
- If you select the Text Message Code security method: Verify your phone number. After turning this method on, you will be given a list of Recovery Codes. Use one of the Recovery Codes from the list along with your username and password to connect your Instagram account to SnapRetail. After connecting, you may be alerted with a new text message code. This new text message code can be ignored.
- If you select the Authentication App security method: you will either be directed to an authentication app you already have installed on your device or be directed to download an authentication app. Follow the on-screen directions to get an authentication code and enter this code along with your username and password to connect your Instagram account to SnapRetail.
If you already have Two-Factor Authentication turned on for your account:
- Find your Recovery Codes in your Instagram account by going to Settings > Privacy and Security > Two-Factor Authentication > Recovery Codes
- Use one of the Recovery Codes listed along with your username and password to connect your Instagram account to SnapRetail. You can also request new codes if your Recovery Codes have been used in the past.
Note: When connecting to Instagram, you will be emailed about a new login to your account from a new device.
If you change your password for an account, you will need to reconnect your accounts to SnapRetail to ensure your posts are scheduled without any disruption.
Instagram scheduling is only available for Smarter and Charter subscribers. If you would like to upgrade please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org